Equipment/ Tool Safety

Welcome back to my blog,
Today I read, understood and completed online safety tasks to assure that I am working safely and understand how to identify and prevent risks in parts of the workshop where I will be using tools and equipment. I have learned to not use any appliance with frayed or exposed wires as this poses an electrical hazard. As well as considering everything in the soldering iron area to be hot and be cautious when picking up and moving items around, this includes keeping that area well ventilated and wearing goggles and an apron to protect myself and my clothing. When using the laser cutter always keep the shield down to prevent eye damage, as well as wearing goggles, apron, hair net (for long hair), gloves and respirator. The overall risk for the laser cutter is low but these precautions and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) must be worn. When I use any electrical tool I need to wear an apron, goggles and ear muffs. These PPE items will help reduce the risk of accidental injury or injury that may occur from constant use, for example hearing loss due to loud noises. In case a fire was to break out the fire evacuation plan would occur but also a fire extinguisher may be used by the supervisor to slow down or stop the fire. The specific fire extinguisher in  the room is for wood, textiles, paper, oil, liquid and electrical fires.

Thanks for reading,
Cheers, Perry


Comments